Followers

Monday, December 7, 2020

What's in a name?

 In the Afro Caribbean Lineage my name is Janbe M' Ale Bon Houngan. Birth name is Ryan Taylor. I received my first initiation into the ATR's in 2010 as Hounsi Lave Tet under Il Fok Sa Yabofe Bon Mambo in NYC. I began practicing these cultures in 2004. What pulled me into this beautiful spiritual practice? Those drums! I started playing at the age of 10 and discovered all styles. Haiti reached out to me in 2005 and the journey has been ongoing ever since, and a glorious one at that. I went into the D'Jevo again to Kanzo as Houngan Sou Pwen in 2011, again under Il Fok Say Yabofe Bon Mambo in Port Au Prince. Prior to that I received my Third Degree Reiki level in 2008, was involved in a ceremonial Rite of Passage in the Dagara in 2005. My world as a Sacred Healing/Ceremonial Drummer began after visiting both Africa and Haiti. I use these modalities to this day with all in the community. In my eyes there is no judgement, discrimination, only equality. Medicine is needed by all of us. Thank you for your continued support! Aibobo!






No comments:

Post a Comment